Riker's Mailbox

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

PRECIPITOUS

Moods take abrupt detours and other alterations of course as their course is run. Within the last half hour, I both watched a best friend's heart break, and spoke to an old love for the first time in years. I've never felt more discarded, disheartened, and uplifted than I do now.

...waiting for the rain to cleanse the soil of tattered souls...

I'll part with an aged song lyric from my past:

"Take a ride into the place where I see your secret inner light
Illuminate and drown the flood, and bathe me 'till I'm clean inside
Precious Delta show the way, and tangle up the darker side
If you follow me, I'll follow you, and we'll no longer hide."

This verse bears such a direct meaning to me at the moment, for reasons none but a few could ever recognize. Suffice it to say that it refers to a tumultuous period, but rest assured that the remainder of the song is optimistic in tone, and I'll be recollecting that part soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment