Riker's Mailbox

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

CIRCUITOUS

Wow, 'bout time I posted again. What's new, you ask?

Well, it looks like I'm about to be okay.

The means and path by which I've been progressing toward said okaity is quite possibly the most roundabout I could conjure. Something on the order of 14 Degrees of Separation and Reconnection.

1. My uncle, the 42 year old kid-at-heart and proprietor of Johnny's Irish Pub, married a lovely lady who is young enough for me to date. Dead serious. Happened this past Friday.

2-3. Lovely Lady's sister was in attendance as the matron of honor. She works in a building owned by the husband of the hellabitch from whom I bought my house this past spring.

4-5. Back when she still owned it, Hellabitch used to rent my house's downstairs apartment to Lovely Lady, and to Lovely Lady's Mother before her (all of whom were in attendance at the wedding) (disregard the previous parenthetical statement; it really isn't important to the story). Shortly after I bought Lovely Lady's car, I moved into her former residence: the downstairs apartment of my soon-to-be-homestead, thusly becoming the simultaneous tenant of Hellabitch Haven and the subject of lots of smack talk, regarding the time it took for me to get my affairs in order to purchase the home, as per the agreement between Hellabitch and myself. For the record, she originally stated that she'd like the closing to come within six months of the beginning of my tenancy. For the record, I met the deadline. For the record, she is a bipolar hellabitch.

6. Hellabitch talked smack and smack and more smack (about me being a lazy bullshitter who wasn't serious about the contract to which I was bound; I busted my ass for months to make things happen; when they didn't, I moved fucking mountains to coax the process along; a lazy bullshitter, I wasn't) to Husband of Hellabitch and Lovely Lady's Sister, who in turn relayed this perceived impression of moi to Lovely Lady and to my uncle. I caught heat for this in one way or another right up to the point when I handed Hellabitch's lawyer (who happens to be one cool dude; damn shame he has Hellabitch for a client) the check for the closing. Point is, these people have been trained not to like me much.

7. Despite all the slander, Lovely Lady's Sister (and her husband, Lovely Lady's Sister's Hubby) found me to be quite the gentleman when we met this past St. Patrick's Day at Johnny's Irish Pub.

8. My mom, who was in town with a large caravan of Savinos recently because of the wedding, found herself engaged in an enthralling conversation with Lovely Lady's Sister's Hubby when they all retired to Johnny's Irish Pub after the rehearsal dinner. Turns out Lovely Lady's Sister's Hubby is an RIT grad, of the same Electrical Engineering discipline that I call home. Also turns out that he's rolling in dough because he's been at the helm of a robotics/motion control/automation company in the area, and he's looking to expand. It further turns out that he remembered me and what a nice guy I was from our previous meeting at Johnny's Irish Pub, when I told him all about my search for a co-op in the field of Electrical Engineering.

9. Lovely Lady's Sister's Hubby expressed interest in reacquainting with me because his business is expanding and he wants to discuss a position that will be opening up shortly. We talked at Johnny's Irish Pub and had a blast. He gave me his card. The next day, I impressed him with my moves on the dance floor at the wedding reception.

10. I met with Lovely Lady's Sister's Hubby at his office, which is located in the same building that houses his wife; this building is owned by Husband of Hellabitch. Lovely Lady's Sister's Hubby introduces me to Husband of Hellabitch on my way in to the interview/tour. I impressed him. His wife is still a bitch, though.

11. Steve The Technician Who Already Works For Lovely Lady's Sister's Hubby really liked me.

12. I gave a hell of an interview and Lovely Lady's Sister's Hubby talked about making me an offer early next week. Steve The Technician Who Already Works For Lovely lady's Sister's Hubby will most likely be my supervisor.

13. So, despite all the possible choke-ups that could come along the way, Lovely Lady's Sister's Hubby thinks I'm quite possibly the man for the job. So all of Hellabitch's hatin' had no effect on him, after all.

14. FUCK YOU, HELLABITCH! YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND! HE'S AN ALRIGHT GUY, BUT HE'S MARRIED TO YOU SO I'M STILL HAPPY THAT HE'S PROVIDING THE WORK SPACE FOR THE GUY THAT YOU COULDN'T COERCE INTO HATING ME, AND NOW THAT GUY IS GONNA START PAYING ME LOTS OF MONEY TO HANG AROUND WITH YOUR HUSBAND AND BEFRIEND HIM! AND HE'S GOING TO START TO LIKE ME TOO AND SOONER OR LATER YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO COME TO TERMS WITH THE FACT THAT YOU WERE WRONG ABOUT ME AND go ahead, admit it. 'Okaity' rocked your typographical world.

No comments:

Post a Comment